COVID-19 Attendance Policies
Updated: March 14, 2022
Updated – COVID-19 Attendance Policies
March 14, 2022
Beginning on Monday, March 14, 2022, PCPA has changed its COVID-19 attendance policies. PCPA will no longer require proof of vaccination or a negative test before admittance to the theatre. PCPA will now strongly encourage mask wearing inside the theatre, but masks will not be required of audience members. These changes are in keeping with updated guidance from the Center for Disease Control, the Santa Barbara County Department of Public Health and Allan Hancock College District practices for visitors to the campus.
The safety of our audience is very important to PCPA and we will still provide the following enhanced health and safety precautions:
- The theatre building has an enhanced air filtration utilizing MERV 13 filters. (PLEASE DRESS WARMLY, WEAR LAYERS)
- The theatre, lobby area and restrooms are cleaned and disinfected after every performance.
- Multiple hand sanitizers are available throughout the lobby.
- Touch-less ticketing – all tickets are scanned upon entrance to the theatre.
- Digital program is available via a QR code posted throughout the lobby or on our website.
- At this time there will be no “stage door” opportunities with the actors after the show.
By purchasing a ticket to a PCPA production and/or entering a PCPA/Allan Hancock College venue, theatregoer assumes all risks associated with entering a place of public gathering and voluntarily waives any and all claims and potential claims against PCPA and Allan Hancock College relating to COVID-19 or any other communicable disease, or illness, or that arise from or relate in any way to, however caused, the risk of exposure or actual or alleged exposures to a bacteria, virus or other pathogen capable of causing COVID-19 or any other communicable disease or illness, in each case whether the actual or alleged circumstances giving rise to any claim or potential claim occur before, during or after the event.
All performances are subject to re-scheduling and cancellation. Refunds will not be issued but tickets will be credited to your PCPA account for a future performance. The PCPA credit will not expire. The safety and well-being of all our patrons, actors, volunteers & employees is very important to PCPA and we thank you for understanding. We appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you at the theatre!