Advancement in the Conservatory is based on merit – maintenance of acceptable grade standards, demonstrated professionalism, and continued growth. Students are expected to adhere to the standards and best practices of the profession.
Students applying for our two year Technical Theatre Conservatory need to provide:
- An application.
- Resume detailing education/training, theatre experience and/or special skills.
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers, employers, or directors. (not family)
- Your most recent school transcripts.
- Mission Statement: a two-page (minimum), typed; “Mission Statement” in which you discuss your educational, professional, and personal goals and why PCPA can benefit you.
- Portfolio material is not required; however, during the application process, applicants will have the opportunity to upload any material they would like to share with us. Applicants can also share material during the interview process.
- Once you submit your application, you will be contacted to set up an interview. You may interview in person or via telephone or video call.
You need to have a high school diploma or be at least 18 years of age to attend the conservatory. Students who have not graduated from high school may be admitted to the program if they are 18 years of age and demonstrate in the interview that they are able to benefit from the PCPA program.