Actors auditioning for the two-year Actor Training Conservatory will first need to submit an audition video.
Audition videos must include:
- 2 monologues (one classical, preferably Shakespeare; one contemporary, i.e. post-1900) totaling together no more than 3 minutes in length (approximately 60-90 seconds each).
- 16 to 32 bars of a song. Please sing with either recorded or live accompaniment.
Dance is optional:
- Dancers should feel free to include a 60 second dance combination; however, dance is not a required part of the video audition.
We ask that you include with your video:
- 8 x 10 photograph (headshot) preferred; smaller is acceptable.
- Resume detailing performance experience, education/training, and special skills.
Callbacks for the Acting Conservatory are in March.
Applicants who are invited to participate in the callback process will be given the option of a virtual online callback or an in person callback in Santa Maria, CA. If you are invited to our Acting Conservatory Callbacks in March, you will need to provide:
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers, employers, or directors (not family).
- Your most recent school transcripts.
- Mission Statement: a two-page (minimum), typed, double spaced. “Mission Statement” in which you discuss your educational, professional, and personal goals and why PCPA can benefit you.
- All material can be submitted through the Acceptd platform. If Acceptd does not work for you, please email email@example.com for other options.
You need to have a high school diploma or be at least 18 years of age to attend the conservatory. Students who have not graduated from high school may be admitted to the program if they are 18 years of age and demonstrate that they are able to benefit from the PCPA program.